I just got my new “Smith and Wesson” bush hog Outback Kukri
and can’t wait to test it out.
- Its considered a machette kukri but I,m not so sure — its blade is super thick and its ground better then a cheap machette version
- Its got a nice ground bevel edge from the spine down to the edge so it will be easy to sharpen.
- its heavy but not excessively so that I wouldn’t carry it in the bush
- its got a lanyard hole .. I already fitted my own lanyard
- its pretty sharp out the box
- its pretty good value for money Paid $30US on e-bay
- hard steel should hold an edge well
- coating is very thick and should hold up well to abuse
- the retention on the sheath isn’t great.
- the blade seams a little hard/ brittle for chopping , may break
overall great value and very happy .. let see how it holds up to abuse.